Mad Dog Dura-Prime primer is the original formula from Mad Dog. MDPDP is an exterior water-based, non-toxic, stabilizing primer. It penetrates and stabilizes and prepares peeling paint, cracking stucco, rusty and galvanized metal, wood and concrete surfaces. Using MDPDP effectively doubles or triples the job life of many projects.
Damaged, weathered surfaces, rusty metals, untreated cedar, redwood, heart pine. New or old wood, metal, concrete, stucco, masonry.
Double or Triple the job life
Here are some practical examples doubled or tripled time frames for jobs.
Normally repainted every 6-8 years. With Mad Dog Dura-Prime the project can last 15-20 years with some touch up
Normally refinished every 1-2 years. With Mad Dog Dura-Prime the coating can help it last 3-6 years.
Metal Railings by the Ocean(YIKES!)
Usually you'll see these surfaces rust in about 6 months. Mad Dog Dura-Prime can help it last 2-3 years!
Using MDPDP brings the maintenance cost of any project down significantly. When the surface does finally need to be recoated surface prep will be minimal before recoating.
Key Features of Mad Dog Dura-Prime(MDPDP)
- Glue-like adhesion up to 300 PSI
- Flexes up to 300%
- 300sqft Coverage/Gallon
- Reduces prep needed for long-term job life.
- Dries in 1 hour. Recoat in 1-2 hours
- Tintable up to 4 oz universal
- Dries clear
- Reduces and solves peeling paint, and stucco
- Blocks rust and tannin bleed with two coats
- Doubles or triples effective project life of trouble areas
- Non-toxic, solvent free, non-mercuric
- Low VOCs, Low Odor (<48 g/l)
- Soap and water clean-up
Application of Mad Dog Dura-Prime(MDPDP)
- Remove mold and mildew before painting. Allow appropriate dry time after cleaning
- Air and Surface temp between 50F and 90F (10C to 32C)
- Humidity less than 80%. Substrate moisture content should be approximately 15%
- Do not apply MDPDP if weather conditions will not allow the surface to dry before rain, dew, or freezing
- Cool temperatures or high humidity can retard drying and curing. Allow overnight dry time in these conditions
- Average complete cure time is 7-14 days
- If MDPDP does get wet before it is dry - allow the surface to completely dry then simply touch up/reprime as needed.
- Application Methods
- Shake or stir before using
- Do not thin under normal circumstances
- Apply with brush, roller, or airless sprayer
- Back brush or roll to work MDPDP into cracks or edges
- Airless Sprayer - Use .015" - .017" tip in the 1800-2200 PSI range.